Attic Bedroom Update
I have been sitting on a plan for the Attic Bedroom since we moved in this past summer. We were just waiting for Dave to have time to devote to putting in the insulation.
Scary phone photo of the stairs leading up. I did not even see this space until after we bought the house.
ALLLLLLL the stuff the previous owner left behind.
I posted about my outline for the room and the fact that the girls had come to me with a layout and their color scheme ideas…..SO CUTE!!!!!
As a reminder (or introduction) the upstairs will house Jules (13) and Jane (9). The girls will be sharing ~700 sq ft with their own bathroom.
All the work shown below is the unattractive stuff. LOL. Unattractive but necessary.
The base of the room is getting done.
That super fun stuff is getting completed by Dave. hahahahaha I have been playing around with the footprint to ensure that we can get a bathroom up here eventually. When we bought the house, there were plumbing lines roughed in to this area….right next to the stairs. After some exploration we realized that they cut(!!!!!!!) the floor joists to put those roughed lines in. seriously, people. I love DIY – but I love educated DIY. Dave and I sistered new joists in and took out the roughed in lines so we could start from scratch…..the right way.
As a reminder (or introduction) the upstairs will house Jules (12) and Jane (8). The girls will be sharing ~700 sq ft with their own bathroom. In the below layout I put the bathroom back next to the stairs to see how to would work out with lines and layout.
In my previous two plans – 1. I had the bathroom in this space, but way smaller. 2. I had the bathroom in the center of room on the north side (where the desk with the purple chair is below).
After much back and forth we are going with the first choice.
Dave has really honed his skills in texturing. I remember the first project we did with the texture gun….and it was …….interesting. hahahahahaha interesting in that you could have cut yourself on the wall with how deep the texture was put on.
But as you can see, it looks fantastic.
Our next issue was the type of lights to install. Our clearance was quite small so Dave found these ultra slim LED lights. I am so impressed with how low profile they are.
Seriously!! Look at how thin they are. It is a very easy install – a large hole drilled through our wood slats, wire it up and clip it in.
Dave really chose well on those lights.
Dave was out of town, as usual – but this time he did not get a full weekend at home. He was here for just over 24 hours, so our finish work was delayed. Sigh.
More to come!!